- Size of map:
- Sketch and/or description of map:
- Any writing in which you describe the world:
- Any art which demonstrates what you’d like:
- Any maps which you particularly liked:
Do you want to pay more for exclusive copyright ownership or would you rather pay less and allow me to re-use aspects of the map for other maps or map packs:
Possible other questions you could answer.
- Inspiration for architecture, motifs, similar fandoms, culture:
- Do you want animals or monsters, if so, what kinds:
- Do you want a compass, if so, a basic arrow, a traditional compass, or a fancy custom compass?
- Do you want a frame, if so, would you like a basic frame, one with corner icons, a fancy custom one? If you want bumper icons, are there any images from your world that you might like woven in?
- Do you want a world label, if so, what should it say?
- Is your world based on any existing culture or time period?
What are the most important images you would like to capture?
- How is this map being used? Is it supposed to have been drawn by someone in universe, or a helpful side asset for a roleplaying game?
- What is the most important data this map should convey?
What style of icons should be used to represent important features?
- Should there be a legend? What would you like featured? Ei: measurements, town, city, fort icons, etc.
- Do you want individual trees, or forest ‘clumps’?
- What biomes will this map cover?
- Do you want colored biomes, or icons to indicate biomes?
- What manmade features might you like to see added? Ei: ships, power lines, roads, railways, mines, shipping routes.
- What scale is this map? Common examples: 1 square = five feet, 20 feet. 1 inch = 10, 100, 1000 miles/km. If you don’t know how to work this out, you could tell me the travel distance between two locations by foot or horseback so I can estimate it for you.
- Will you need a version for the players and a version for the DM / GM / LM? (Examples: there are secret passages, traps, tunnels, treasures, etc that you want to know the location of but keep secret to your player characters)
- Will you need me to invent filler place names? I provide World Building Consultation and am a Cartography Consultant. Will you want me to fill in gaps in the world where you haven’t developed?
- How would you like water to be represented? (Examples: Rise of the Dragons Escalon Map, Black and White fantasy map for Stranger Rituals, The Kingdom of Anglar – map for fantasy novel – you can have echo lines, wave trim, random waves throughout, a repeating pattern… many options, but if you don’t have a preference I will pick what I think is suitable)
- How would you like mountains and hills to be represented?
- Do you want NPCs and DMPCs to be developed to fill your world with people? Do you need social, economic, and religious or political places of interest?